Santillana PD offers high-quality, research-based professional development opportunities that support second language teaching and learning. We offer pedagogical sessions that focus on second language acquisition theory and application, applied linguistics, methods of teaching reading in Spanish, how to use data in the classroom to increase student achievement, how to teach language through content, and other key language pedagogical topics that assist in the development of highly qualified K-12 Spanish and ESL/ELD teachers.
- Flexible, exciting, and rewarding training opportunities to fulfill certification and both local and state professional development requirements.
- Needs assessment activities that identify areas of teacher and administrator training needs.
- Teacher and administrator training based on needs assessment, and completely customized to the identified needs of school districts and schools.
- Training designed to address local, state, and federal mandates, including world languages/foreign language, ESL and bilingual certification and re-certification requirements.
- Teacher training co-developed with renowned national, state, and local educational entities, such as AATSP, CAL, etc.
- Teacher and administrator training offered in two modalities: in-person or online.
- Access to a team of highly-qualified presenters who are specialists in various fields of language education.