What I’m Thankful For - Resources for your Spanish Classroom
By Anne Silva
I'm also thankful for...
- Dark chocolate
- The pinots: noir and grigio, I love you both.
- Parents who support me
- MY parents, who support me
- Administrators who respect me
- The parents who DIDN'T back me up when your kid was caught blatantly plagiarizing. You taught me to stand up for myself and the values I hope to teach your kid and all of my students. I grew as a person and as a professional from that experience, so even though you gave me grey hairs and possibly an ulcer, I'm thankful.
- Boxed hair dye. (See above.)
- That kid in the third row who actually makes eye contact. I see you, buddy. And I like knowing I'm not talking to myself ALL the time.
- All things made with guava
- Passion fruit juice. Passion fruit ANYTHING.
- Hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes: you make my classroom not-so-gross.
- NPR on the radio, because otherwise I would never know what's going on "on the outside."
- G2 gel pens
- Dr. Scholl's inserts
- The 2nd grader who announced, LOUDLY, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CAFETERIA, that he could see my red underwear. It's good to stay humble, and it's even better to still laugh about it years later.
- My colleagues. We're all in the trenches together, so nobody else understands the way you do.
- The kid who was a big jerk all last year, and then this year came to APOLOGIZE for being a jerk and promised to shape up. (And did!) You remind me that nobody is a lost cause, and that we can all strive to be better people, even if we've been acting like a jerk.
Ok, now it's your turn: what are you thankful for?
Every year, Americans around the nation get together to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15th through October 15th. The contributions Hispanic Americans have made to the United States are endless and inspiring, and they have had a profound and positive impact on our county.
Los pronombres personales
Por Evelyn Silva Los pronombres personales refieren a personas, objetos y/o cosas...
Los sonidos y las letras
Cuando hablamos, pronunciamos sonidos. Los sonidos sirven para distinguir palabras, como por...
In Spanish-speaking countries, one of the most important celebrations is called...
Los adjetivos son palabras que sirven para expresar cualidades o estados del sustantivo al que se...
Hispanic Heritage Month Is Here!
Every year, Americans around the nation get together to celebrate Hispanic Heritage...