What I’m Thankful For - Resources for your Spanish Classroom
By Anne Silva
I'm also thankful for...
- Dark chocolate
- The pinots: noir and grigio, I love you both.
- Parents who support me
- MY parents, who support me
- Administrators who respect me
- The parents who DIDN'T back me up when your kid was caught blatantly plagiarizing. You taught me to stand up for myself and the values I hope to teach your kid and all of my students. I grew as a person and as a professional from that experience, so even though you gave me grey hairs and possibly an ulcer, I'm thankful.
- Boxed hair dye. (See above.)
- That kid in the third row who actually makes eye contact. I see you, buddy. And I like knowing I'm not talking to myself ALL the time.
- All things made with guava
- Passion fruit juice. Passion fruit ANYTHING.
- Hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes: you make my classroom not-so-gross.
- NPR on the radio, because otherwise I would never know what's going on "on the outside."
- G2 gel pens
- Dr. Scholl's inserts
- The 2nd grader who announced, LOUDLY, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE CAFETERIA, that he could see my red underwear. It's good to stay humble, and it's even better to still laugh about it years later.
- My colleagues. We're all in the trenches together, so nobody else understands the way you do.
- The kid who was a big jerk all last year, and then this year came to APOLOGIZE for being a jerk and promised to shape up. (And did!) You remind me that nobody is a lost cause, and that we can all strive to be better people, even if we've been acting like a jerk.
Ok, now it's your turn: what are you thankful for?
"Books and movies are like apples and oranges. They both are fruit, but taste completely different."
- Stephen King
The Story Behind #GivingTuesday
By- Angela Padrón With recent advancements in technology, it is possible to reach anyone,...
By- Angela Padrón In the early 1600s, the Pilgrims sailed to New England to begin...
Pepito y la calle más aburrida del mundo, una historia llena de misterios entretenidos y detectivescos
Cómo el acto de protesta de Rosa Parks cambió el rumbo de la historia
Por- Glenda Rosado La acción de Rosa Parks representó un momento...
Conoce los adverbios de cantidad y la manera correcta de utilizarlos en una oración
Los adverbios son aquellas expresiones que describen y califican una acción, en otras...