Teacher Appreciation Month 2014 - Resources for your Spanish Classroom
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 5-9, 2014. But we figure that one week isn’t NEARLY enough time to show our appreciation for all that you do, so we’re celebrating Teacher Appreciation MONTH for the whole month of May. Go big or go home, right?
Here at Plaza Santillana headquarters, we’ve been busy planning a month full of gratitude for what we truly consider to be the most noble profession. We look forward to contests, giveaways, special posts, and other treats to show you just how much we appreciate your dedication to your students, your communities, and your subject matter. Check back here often to join in the party!
However, we know that OTHER TEACHERS may be the only people who truly appreciate how amazing teachers are, and how much sacrifice and dedication are required to excel at teaching. For that reason, we doubly invite you to participate in our community all month long: chat with other teachers on our Facebook page and blog postings, follow our Twitter feed, share anything you see with a teacher who may be feeling a bit stressed out this May. (May? Stressful? Surely I jest… ;-) ha ha.)
At this point in the year, you’re probably running on fumes, and we want to become the place of refuge for teachers who need an understanding ear, a positive message, a laugh, or just to know that they aren’t alone. Plaza Santillana is like “Cheers,” but without the whole “everybody knowing your name” part. Oh, and Norm. We don’t have anyone here named Norm. (Yet.)
So…. back to the Appreciating!
I was going to start a list of the “Top Ten Reasons We Appreciate Teachers”… but I don’t honestly know that I could ever stop at ten. So here go a very random assortment of reasons, in no particular order. Check back periodically as we expand on this list, and please let us know YOUR reasons!
1. Because you are singlehandedly shaping future world citizens. (No pressure.)
2. …for relatively little pay.
3. Because you gave that girl in first period the granola bar you brought for your breakfast when you realized she hadn’t had breakfast yourself.
4. Because you don’t get potty breaks.
5. Because you get excited about verbs, just like we do.
6. Because you have the power to inspire teenagers to get excited about verbs, too. (Sometimes. When the planets are aligned.)
7. Because you stay up grading papers into the wee hours, often for students who may not have cared enough to stay up into the wee hours doing the homework themselves.
8. Because you understand the true importance of teaching about culture.
9. Because you acted overjoyed for the hideous, hand-painted knicknack from that exasperating first grader. And then kept it for ten years afterward, unable to let it go.
10. Because you have developed an unassailable immune system that really should be studied in a lab, and don’t even flinch at the mucous-circus going on around you.
11. Because you refer to your students as “my kids,” and sometimes go through your students’ names before finally landing on your own children’s names when calling to them in the store.
12. Because you buy the supplies that no parent volunteered to buy for your classroom, rather than let the students go without. (Teacher buying the milkweed plants at the Home Depot last Sunday, I’m looking at you!)
13. Because you put up with more acronyms and beaurocracy than all the branches of the military combined.
14. Because you TEACH.
15. … (what would you add? Why do you appreciate your colleagues?)
"Books and movies are like apples and oranges. They both are fruit, but taste completely different."
- Stephen King
Del libro al cine: Love in the Time of Cholera (2007)
Una de las novelas más famosas del escritor colombiano Gabriel García Márquez...
Sustantivos femeninos y masculinos
Sustantivos femeninos y masculinos By Evelyn Silva Según la Real Academia de la...
Los puntos suspensivos
The BFG by Roald Dahl
By Ángela Padrón. Each year, many movies and plays are produced that are based on...
A New Title in Santillana’s Biographical Best-selling Series
A New Title in Santillana’sBiographical Best-selling Series Edna...