Earth Day Challenge – Resources for your Spanish Classroom
We celebrate Earth Day on April the 22nd of every year. This year let’s do something for our Earth and for the health of our children. Let’s plant a vegetable garden and fruit trees on campus. If we can get one school in every state to commit to this challenge, then we can connect our Santillana families across the entire country.
In order to pull this off, we need for teachers to take the following steps.
- Get permission from the school’s administration and the school’s district.
- Decide which vegetables and fruit trees work best in the climate in your area.
- Choose a spot on campus close to the school’s cafeteria.
- Help the kitchen staff come up with ways to incorporate your school’s fruits and vegetables into the existing menu.
- Ask an expert from a local farm or garden center to talk to the class about the do’s and don’ts of planting.
- Create a watering and maintenance schedule for your fruits and vegetables.
- Take lots of pictures to post on the school’s website to serve as an inspiration for other schools.
We are all concerned with the health and wellness of our children. Let’s take the First Lady of the United States of America’s challenge and get our kids into a better state of health. Most of our children eat two meals at school. Let’s make them healthier meals. Don’t take no for an answer when it comes to our children. Good luck, and send us the before and after pictures.
"Books and movies are like apples and oranges. They both are fruit, but taste completely different."
- Stephen King
Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration
Old Spanish Fort at Saint Augustine, Florida, 1880s. (Photo by Kean Collection/Getty...
¡De regreso a la escuela!
By Evelyn Silva Ha llegado nuevamente ese momento del año en que regresamos a la...
Meet and Greet
Meet and Greets are an important event of any school year. A few days before the first day of...
Del libro al cine: Love in the Time of Cholera (2007)
Una de las novelas más famosas del escritor colombiano Gabriel García Márquez...
Sustantivos femeninos y masculinos
Sustantivos femeninos y masculinos By Evelyn Silva Según la Real Academia de la...