Earth Day Challenge – Resources for your Spanish Classroom
We celebrate Earth Day on April the 22nd of every year. This year let’s do something for our Earth and for the health of our children. Let’s plant a vegetable garden and fruit trees on campus. If we can get one school in every state to commit to this challenge, then we can connect our Santillana families across the entire country.
In order to pull this off, we need for teachers to take the following steps.
- Get permission from the school’s administration and the school’s district.
- Decide which vegetables and fruit trees work best in the climate in your area.
- Choose a spot on campus close to the school’s cafeteria.
- Help the kitchen staff come up with ways to incorporate your school’s fruits and vegetables into the existing menu.
- Ask an expert from a local farm or garden center to talk to the class about the do’s and don’ts of planting.
- Create a watering and maintenance schedule for your fruits and vegetables.
- Take lots of pictures to post on the school’s website to serve as an inspiration for other schools.
We are all concerned with the health and wellness of our children. Let’s take the First Lady of the United States of America’s challenge and get our kids into a better state of health. Most of our children eat two meals at school. Let’s make them healthier meals. Don’t take no for an answer when it comes to our children. Good luck, and send us the before and after pictures.
Every year, Americans around the nation get together to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15th through October 15th. The contributions Hispanic Americans have made to the United States are endless and inspiring, and they have had a profound and positive impact on our county.
Los sonidos y las letras
Cuando hablamos, pronunciamos sonidos. Los sonidos sirven para distinguir palabras, como por...
In Spanish-speaking countries, one of the most important celebrations is called...
Los adjetivos son palabras que sirven para expresar cualidades o estados del sustantivo al que se...
Hispanic Heritage Month Is Here!
Every year, Americans around the nation get together to celebrate Hispanic Heritage...
El verbo tener y las expresiones idiomáticas
por Evelyn Silva El verbo tener en español es irregular. En inglés significa...