Earth Day Challenge – Resources for your Spanish Classroom
We celebrate Earth Day on April the 22nd of every year. This year let’s do something for our Earth and for the health of our children. Let’s plant a vegetable garden and fruit trees on campus. If we can get one school in every state to commit to this challenge, then we can connect our Santillana families across the entire country.
In order to pull this off, we need for teachers to take the following steps.
- Get permission from the school’s administration and the school’s district.
- Decide which vegetables and fruit trees work best in the climate in your area.
- Choose a spot on campus close to the school’s cafeteria.
- Help the kitchen staff come up with ways to incorporate your school’s fruits and vegetables into the existing menu.
- Ask an expert from a local farm or garden center to talk to the class about the do’s and don’ts of planting.
- Create a watering and maintenance schedule for your fruits and vegetables.
- Take lots of pictures to post on the school’s website to serve as an inspiration for other schools.
We are all concerned with the health and wellness of our children. Let’s take the First Lady of the United States of America’s challenge and get our kids into a better state of health. Most of our children eat two meals at school. Let’s make them healthier meals. Don’t take no for an answer when it comes to our children. Good luck, and send us the before and after pictures.
"Books and movies are like apples and oranges. They both are fruit, but taste completely different."
- Stephen King
It’s Christmas Time!
By- Angela Padrón When most people today think of Christmas, symbols like trees,...
Noche Buena Traditions
By- Angela Padrón ’Twas the night before Christmas, and all through la...
El participio: qué es y cómo se usa
El participio es la forma no personal del verbo, que al igual que el gerundio...
El uso del superlativo relativo
Una diferencia notable entre los adjetivos superlativos que utilizan la...
The Story Behind #GivingTuesday
By- Angela Padrón With recent advancements in technology, it is possible to reach anyone,...