Camels for Kings - Free Resources for Spanish Teachers
What happens on the 12th day of Christmas? Three kings arrive on camels with candy and gifts. Fill a box with hay (for the camels) and a wish list. Put it under your bed on January 5 and celebrate this delightful Hispanic tradition on the 6th.
1. Prepare to celebrate Three Kings Day on January 6! Cover the outside and inside of a recycled box with paper. Cut it to fit with Crayola® Scissors. Glue in place with a Crayola Glue Stick.
2. Decorate the outside of the box. Use Crayola Erasable Colored Pencils to draw symbols of Three Kings Day: a star of Bethlehem, deserts, camels, robes, crowns, and gifts. Color your drawings with Crayola Twistables and Multicultural Crayons. Use the diverse colors for the desert landscape and the three king’s skin. Add Crayola Glitter Glue to accent your symbols. Air-dry the glue.
3. Get ready to feed camels. Use Twistables and crayons to fill both sides of white paper with green, brown, and yellow for blades of grass and hay. Carefully tear into thin, grassy strips. Fill the box.
4. Write your wish list. Decorate your list with colorful Twistables. Tuck it inside your box.
5. Put your box under your bed on January 5, the night before Three Kings Day.
For more fun Crayola inspired activities, visit www.crayola.com.
Plaza Santillana is a spanish teacher blog dedicated to bringing you classroom activities, ideas for lesson plans, and many more educational resources every day! Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and never miss out on teacher tips again!
Every year, Americans around the nation get together to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month from September 15th through October 15th. The contributions Hispanic Americans have made to the United States are endless and inspiring, and they have had a profound and positive impact on our county.
Los sonidos y las letras
Cuando hablamos, pronunciamos sonidos. Los sonidos sirven para distinguir palabras, como por...
In Spanish-speaking countries, one of the most important celebrations is called...
Los adjetivos son palabras que sirven para expresar cualidades o estados del sustantivo al que se...
Hispanic Heritage Month Is Here!
Every year, Americans around the nation get together to celebrate Hispanic Heritage...
El verbo tener y las expresiones idiomáticas
por Evelyn Silva El verbo tener en español es irregular. En inglés significa...