Nov 30 3 Ways to Use Technology in the Foreign Language Classroom - Free Resources for Spanish Teachers
A meaningful integration of technology in the foreign language classroom…
- Engages and motivates students to learn.
- Helps student relate what has been taught to life outside the classroom.
- Gives students opportunities to use their language abilities for interactional and real purpose activities
- Helps teachers reach all students in different ways and effectively differentiate instruction and allows students to work at their own pace
Congratulations Karin! You are the winner of our favorite word in Spanish contest, "¡Dime tu palabra favorita y gana libros para tu escuelita!". You have won $250 worth of Spanish books for your classroom AND an iPad for YOU!
A special thank you to our runners-up, Phil Wax & Rhonda Churchill! You guys did an awesome job! We hope you had as much fun as we did! We'll see you at ACTFL next year!
What happens on the 12th day of Christmas? Three kings arrive on camels with candy and gifts. Fill a box with hay (for the camels) and a wish list. Put it under your bed on January 5 and celebrate this delightful Hispanic tradition on the 6th.
1. Prepare to celebrate Three Kings Day on January 6! Cover the outside and inside of a recycled box with paper. Cut it to fit with Crayola® Scissors. Glue in place with a Crayola Glue Stick.
Nov 30 Congratulations! Spanish Literacy Contest: Leer es Saber - Free Resources for Spanish Teachers
Spanish Literacy Contest: Leer es Saber
Santillana USA recently held a Spanish literacy contest for Minnesota students. Students were instructed to read their preferred title out of a selection of nonfiction titles from our online library, summarize the main idea, and participate to win $500 in products plus a one year subscription to My eBooks for the entire School (a $3470 value), as well as a Kindle Fire for the winning student!
We are happy to announce our 2 winners! Congratulations to:
April is National Poetry Month! During this time, booksellers, librarians, parents, teachers, and students read, write and analyze poems while recognizing the literary accomplishments of many poets, both past and present.