The Pujllay and Ayarichi performances in Bolivia are very important to the Yampara culture and its connection to nature. In the rainy season, the Pujllay ritual celebrates abundance and fertility of Mother Nature. An altar is built in the yards of the houses and is covered with leaves, fruits, and food. On the other hand, the Ayarichi dance is celebrated in the dry season and is dedicated to Catholic saints.
Peru covers 496,225 sq mi of western South America. It borders Ecuador and Colombia to the north, Brazil to the east, Bolivia to the southeast, Chile to the south, and the Pacific Ocean to the west. Watch the following video about this fascinating South American country, a land full of contrasts and a country brimming with culture, legend, folklore and nature.
- Watch the video and pay close attention to the images. If you had to find a slogan or tagline for the promotion or Peru, what would it be?
- Write a short paragraph that could go along with the video to present Peru to a foreign visitor.
- Do you like hiking? Why? Would you like to hike in the Peruvian Andes?
An original promotion of tourism in Guatemala…. Guatemala’s tourism board invited 12 of the world’s leading instagrammers to travel around the country and snap what they saw. The Instagram tour — the first of its kind in Central America — brought together leading instagrammers from U.S., Sweden, Latin America and Spain.
- What do you think about this idea to promote a country to young people?
- What is the hash tag used for the road trip, and which places were visited?
- Select your favorite picture from the article and describe it.
The Quilotoa Loop is a bumpy road that travels from the Panamericana far into the backcountry of Cotopaxi province in Ecuador. The isolation of the loop brings the traveler into contact with lots of Kichwa-speaking indigenous people and their centuries-old way of life.
- Are there any shopping opportunities along the Quilotoa Loop? What are they?
- What is the highlight of this trip and what does the legend say?
- Describe the landscape of the Quilotoa Loop according to the images in the video
Watch the following video and pay attention to some facts and highlights from South America’s countries and cities.
- Write down the names of all countries and cities mentioned in the video.
- Which place in South America would you love to visit? Explain why.
- If you had to work on a similar video about the United States, which ten unique places would you highlight and why?