Spanish as a World Language
Spanish is rapidly becoming the second language of the United States. Our goal is to provide students with the most up-to-date learning tools and to reach students where they are, both academically and socially. This is why we have tailored our Foreign Language in the Elementary School (FLES) and Spanish as a World Language (SWL) programs to meet the unique needs of second language learners.
In this section, you will find:
- A program designed to promote, support, and enhance education in the FLES classroom
- An elementary theme based SWL program that develops Spanish listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills using proven methodologies of second language acquisition
- An adventure-based middle and high school SWL program, where students become “fans del español"
- A collection of leveled Spanish-language literature that includes action thrillers, mysteries, fantasy tales, and adaptations of literary masterpieces from Latin America and Spain
- An interactive series of DVDs that engages students and promotes Spanish language acquisition through the arts.
Teachers will also find that Santillana USA has many fun and interactive technological resources such as Spanish Ebooks and online activities. Teachers will also find a wide array of resources for Spanish Heritage speakers.