Santillana Professional Development
Santillana PD offers high-quality, research-based professional development opportunities that support second language teaching and learning. We offer pedagogical sessions that focus on first and second language acquisition theory and application, applied linguistics, methods of teaching and learning reading in a second language, and other key language topics that assist in the professional development of highly qualified K–12 Spanish and ESL/ELD teachers.
Santillana PD offers:
- Flexible, exciting, and rewarding training opportunities to fulfill certification,"highly qualified teacher," local, and state professional development requirements.
- Professional development opportunities that are customized to the specific needs of school districts and schools and designed to satisfy local, state, and federal mandates, including certification and re-certification requirements.
- Collaboration with national, state, and local educational entities, providing logistics, coordination, and certification management services.
- Spanish, ESL/ELD, and second language courses in two modalities: in-person or online.
- A team of highly qualified presenters who are specialists in various fields of language education.
Santillana PO has had a longstanding relationship with prestigious educational institutions like the Academia Norteamericana de la Lengua Espanola (North American Academy of the Spanish Language) and the Instituto Cervantes for the Spanish Language to promote second language education and the Spanish language, as well as to deliver effective professional training. Santillana PO also collaborates with AATSP (American Association of Teachers of Spanish and French), CAL (Center of Applied Linguistics) and ACTFL (American Council for the Teaching of Foreign Language).